We have a growing team of high-quality investment professionals who execute our mission. It takes unusually strong commercial skills and investment judgment to invest in difficult places - often using innovative and market leading approaches - yet achieve a positive financial return over the long term.
Successful candidates will ideally have a demonstrably successful track record (depending on the team) of private equity investing, private equity fund selection, or debt/structured finance lending (in emerging markets if possible).
Without an existing track record, joining a CDC investment team at a more junior level is feasible, however, successful candidates will need to demonstrate a combination of:
- commercial judgement of management teams and strategies;
- outstanding analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills;
- understanding or experience of CDC's geographies in Africa or South Asia;
- blue chip, relevant employers; and
- an outstanding academic record.
For those seeking to join our Operations Teams we look for skill sets as follows:
- world class specialists in their respective field;
- background in working in international and/or developing markets;
- ability to work in a dynamic and fast-changing environment; and
- strong stakeholder engagement and management skills.